Eastern Suburbs Rugby Club is looking for 4 internationally or representative experienced female players to join us in 2018 to compete in the premier XVs competition in Sydney. Eastern Suburbs is Sydney’s oldest rugby club and is located close to the city and its beaches. Eastern Suburbs are one of Sydney’s premier rugby clubs and fields 4 mens grade sides, 3 mens colts sides as well as a womens XV and a womens 7’s. The womens team has access to some of Australia’s best coaches and provides a good pathway for an ambitious player.
Our focus is on attracting a prop, second-row, and a playmaker in the backs. We are partial to combinations or team mates who have played together previously and wish to travel to Australia together for the season, although this is not imperative.
The season starts in early April and finishes in September. For that period, we’re looking to attract quality international or representative level players who will also act as leaders to help grow our team this season.
We have approximately 35 registered players in our squad ranging from
well-experienced to totally new. We range in age from 17 - 42.
· have played at an international or representative level in XVs in the last ten years
· are happy to pass on their knowledge as a leader in a developing team
· can commit to the full 2018 season and will attend all trainings (twice weekly)
· can join us from mid March 2018.
In return we will:
· contribute to the cost of your flight to Sydney (up to the value of AU$1000)
· billet your for the first month (estimated value of AU$1000)
· assist you in finding work via our club careers advisor, our rugby club has an extensive network across all markets in Sydney
· cover your registration costs, kit costs, social events and game travel
Send an email to [email protected] for consideration.
You must be eligible for a working holiday visa or similar, and must organise this independently.