Independent School of the Uniting Church is looking for 2 gap coaches.
It has a strong history of excellent academic results along with a wide co-curricular program, with students who have excelled at all levels. The school is a non-selective school of some 1100 students, nestled in the NSW central tablelands near the city in Orange. The school has a proud tradition of educating young people in a family environment where ideals are based solidly on friendship, spirituality, the security of family values, hard work and the pursuit of excellence to the very best of one’s ability. The School offers the unique opportunity for co-educational learning with separate boarding sites for boys and girls. Students are provided with a holistic education and we pride ourselves in offering a varied curriculum to meet the varying needs of most students.
Support for the culture of an Independent Uniting Church School is an essential prerequisite.
POSITION OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a part-time position. The hours of work are 13.6 per week.
· 4-5 sessions per week (Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 3.30 – 5.00pm) plus 3 additional sessions.
· Gear steward – responsible for ensuring the gear (hit shields/tackle bags) are out and ready for training and returned (all teams).
· Implement the basic structures and philosophy of the school.
· Required for the duration of the day.
o AWAY Games – bus travel, supervision, warm-up and cool down of teams, assist with organising the food for the busses.
o HOME Games – help with grounds set-up and pack-up, supervision, warm-up and cool down of teams.
· Maintaining the rugby notice board each week (team sheets, info).
· General administration – filing etc.
· Equipment maintenance
· Variety of excursions
· Boarding duties
The position is paid and seen a part-time job. (there will be time to get an additional job if needed)
In addition, you will be paid a living away from home allowance per week.
As by agreement you will be provided with accommodation and all meals during the period of your employment (“room and board”). The costs for room and board will be will be deducted from your pre-tax salary.