Netherlands: Utrechtse Rugby Club seeking prop, fly-half and centre
Rugby is becoming an increasingly popular sport in the Netherlands, and Utrechtse Rugby Club, founded in 1967, is one of its fastest growing rugby clubs. Our club motto translates as “heart for rugby”, and from the moment you enter through our gates, this becomes immediately apparent. At Utrechtse Rugby Club, we pride ourselves on playing in the top division for both men and women’s rugby, and on the development of talented rugby players through our youth system.
This youth system has been generating some fantastic players in recent years, many of whom have represented the Netherlands in age-grade rugby. However, for the upcoming season we see real value in bolstering our men’s 1st XV with more experienced players that can help to set the standard for our young and energetic team. With that in mind, Utrechtse Rugby Club is currently looking to attract:
- A strong prop to help lock down our scrum and set the example for our younger front-rows.
- A confident fly-half that can coordinate our attacking play and set the example for our younger half-backs.
- A dynamic centre to help inspire creative play and set the example for our younger outside-backs.
At Utrechtse Rugby Club, we have excellent rugby facilities available including a well-equipped gym and a club physio. As rugby remains an amateur sport in the Netherlands, the compensation we can offer players is limited. However, depending on the player’s experience and qualifications we can offer:
- Help finding a job.
- Help finding a place to live.
- Travel expenses for coming to Utrecht.
- A small monthly compensation.
- Additional compensation for coaching an age-grade team.
you feel this opportunity is a match for you, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to having you with us next season!
Please note: applicants must be in possession of an EU passport or a valid student/work visa.